How to increase the value of your home?
May 29, 2018
What types of work to do to increase the value of the house?
You want to sell your property. Here are two main aspects that will need to be taken into account to increase its value:
1. The technical aspect is undoubtedly what counts in priority and on which it will be necessary to focus all its attention. This will concern in particular:
- The energy performance of the house;
- The renovation of everything that needs to be maintained, under penalty of greater damage (roof, facade, etc.);
- Major development work (upgrading a staircase, enlarging a space with a veranda, etc.).
2. The decor and comfort aspect is a point to improve, but certainly goes second. This will concern for example:
- The construction of a swimming pool if the terrain lends itself to it;
- The installation of windows to replace windows to bring more light to a room,
- Renovation of interior painting;
- Global maintenance and the interior.
Note: the good news is that all the work that will be undertaken to improve the energy performance of the house, will open right, under certain conditions, to financial assistance and subsidies.
Undertake improvement work without spending too much money: think about help!
If the house takes more value through well thought out work, it is not always necessary to put on the straw so far. Be aware, however, that doing proper work will often cost less than having to renegotiate the selling price.
Among the works to improve the energy performance of your home and then sell it more easily include:
- Attic insulation for 1 euro;
- Double or triple-glazed installation to better insulate windows;
- The installation of insulating shutters ;
- The installation of a condensing boiler to replace the old boiler.
For all this work, financial aid can greatly reduce the bill. The CITE (30% tax credit), the eco-interest loan , the reduced VAT rate , or the aid of Anah and premiums , are among the most often proposed as part of an improvement in energy performance.
To note: the common imperative to all these aids is to go through a qualified professional RGE (Recognized Guarantor of the Environment).
Before you start or if you do not know where to start, it would be advisable to have a heat balance done by a professional. This is, on the one hand, essential when one wants to sell a house, and on the other hand, it is a good way to know where are located the biggest energy losses of the house.
What works will enhance my home?
Put yourself in the shoes of a buyer. The first thing you notice when you come to visit a house, it is also what is seen the most: roof and facade . While this does not preclude further work, it’s just a question of priorities. In addition to insulation, we must think maintenance and renovation. For example, a roof that has not undergone a major maintenance for a decade, will probably pass into the hands of a professional. Hydrofuge a roof makes it possible to value the property but also to improve its energy performance.
As for the facade, it will also gain to be renovated and repainted in a light color to give it a facelift and modernity. Before the paint coat, an insulating coating may be welcome if the facade tends to crack with moisture.
Our advice: keep your bills well as you can show them to your potential buyers.